The main objectives of the workshop and exercise are:
- To understand the state-of-the art on training in the fields of disaster medicine;
- To experience in person and evaluate the efficacy of a complex full-scale exercise involving multiple agencies and professionals from all over the world;
- To understand and compare how different combinations of training techniques and modalities allow to reach similar skills and competencies;
- To discover and test innovations, solutions and new perspectives in the field of training, including virtual reality, extended reality, serious games, innovative teaching techniques;
- To draw recommendations for emergency medicine practitioners, suppliers and policy makers around training techniques, perspectives and innovations;
- To understand and reflect upon the future in the field of training.